ACE Academy Congratulates all its students who have got good ranks in the GATE–11.
NOTE: The following suggestions / guidelines for M.Tech admissions have been prepared by us considering the information given by previous students based on their score & Rank
Suggested order of preferences for M.Tech specialization:
* The selection will be generally based on the Percentile/Rank/Score obtained in GATE
* In open category the possibility to get the above specializations based on the ranks, will be generally as follows.
* Rank Below - 200: Communication Systems, VLSI / Micro Electronics in IITs.
* Rank between 200 -300: Communication Systems, VLSI / Micro Electronics... (With interview in IITs).
* Rank between 300 - 600: The remaining specializations (S.No. 3 to 7) in IITs and all the above specializations in NIT's and Other premier Colleges like BHU, ANNA UniversityCollege etc., (with interview and written test).
* Rank between 600-1000: Other Universities like JNTU, Osmania etc.
* Rank more than - 1000: Private Colleges with Direct admission or with Interview. For interdisciplinary courses percentile will be the main criteria
* The students are advised to apply for more number of Colleges so that they can get admission in the desired specialization in atleast one or two Colleges. Then the students can decide to join the appropriate College.
Premier Institutes, in the order of preference :
The selection is, generally based on GATE rank /score. However, some IITs, NITs and other university colleges may conduct a written test / Interview for selection into M.Tech. In such a case, the GATE score is given 70% weightage and remaining 30% weightage is for the written test / Interview. The exact procedure will be known by referring to the information brochure issued by the colleges for admission into M.Tech. The selection criteria may vary from year to year and from college to college.
Stipend for M.Tech :
The stipend/Scholarship is available for eligible candidates in the form of Teaching assistance ship or Research assistance ship etc. The teaching assistance ship may be preferred, if possible.
Non Stipend M.Tech:
->Offered by most of the IITs and IISc. The MS course is equivalent to M.Tech. It involves research work and takes about 21/2 to 3yrs to complete the course. Very few seats are available in the IITs. Admissions are given twice in a year (in June & Nov. months). Admissions are based on GATE score + Degree marks + interview. Candidates with reasonably good GATE score and good academic record (> 70% marks) have chances of getting admission in IITs. UGC scholarship will be given throughout the program. Students who can’t get MTech admission in IITs, generally try for MS Course in IITs
It offers 2 years PG Diploma in Industrial Engineering. It is a management course equivalent to MBA. It has good campus placements. All the students who have more than 85 percentile are eligible to apply. The admission is purely based on marks secured in the Group Discussion & Interview to be conducted by it later. Strongly recommended to join. Excellent salary packages and campus placements.
Special attention for SC/ST students:
We strongly suggest you to apply for premier institutes like IIT’s irrespective of your percentiles. Luck may favour you.
Special attention for Girls:
Special note for Second Class students:
If you see the rules & regulations of various premier Institutes, 1st class in Engineering is the pre-requisite. If you apply online, your application will be rejected. Hence we suggest you to apply manually with a request letter stating your present strengths substantiating with GATE Score and your desire to do M.Tech in the respective IIT. Request them to give you a chance so that you can prove yourself. Most of the professors would like to encourage the students who are seriously interested, inspite of the above negative point, if the GATE score is good and the student has a burning desire to join the desired specialization in the desired IIT. They may consider your application with sympathy and may give you a chance after a personnel Interview. some of our old students with second class in their graduation got admission on similar grounds. Be bold and be positive. Definitely, you can reach your goal.
2. Those who have got relatively low scores in the GATE are strongly advised to apply for more number of colleges (not less than 10) so that they can get admission in at least one college in the desired specialization
3. The students shall be in-touch with the daily English newspapers ( The Hindu, The Indian Express, The Times of India etc.) and Employment News for the M.Tech notifications by various colleges.
4. The students are also advised to visit the websites of the premier colleges for all the latest details on M.Tech admissions.
5. All the above guidelines are only suggestive / advisory. The candidates are requested to go through the information brochure of each college and take decision appropriately. Depending upon their interest.
6. The students may also contact their seniors/friends studying in various colleges for their suggestions and latest information about the colleges.
WISH U ALL THE BEST
Y. V. Gopala Krishna Murthy