1. GATE is mandatory for pursuing M.Tech, MS in prestigious institutes
viz. IISc, Bangalore, IITs, NITs and other universities.
2. A good GATE – Rank assures a good job.
If you have a good rank in GATE, you can join IISc, IITs etc., where very
good campus placements are available with attractive salary packages.
The salary packages range from Rs. 6.0 lakh to Rs. 30 lakh per annum for
M.Techs depending upon the specialization and performance.
3. GATE provides another opportunity for those who failed earlier to crack
IIT - JEE and still have a cherished dream of studying in IITs. By securing a
good rank in GATE, you can join IITs for M.Tech/MS
4. Some of the prestigious organizations like BARC, Mumbai call for
interviews for scientist jobs, based on GATE score/percentiles. Those who
get good GATE scores, are generally selected.
5. As per AICTE norms, a B.Tech graduate is eligible for the Asst. professor
post in an engineering college, if the candidate is qualified in GATE with a
minimum 75 percentile.
6. You will get an UGC scholarship of Rs.5000/- per month (being revised to
Rs 8000/-) if you are qualified in GATE and studying M Tech in any college,
based on GATE score.
7. If you have good rank in GATE, you can try for admission in P.G Diploma in
industrial. Engg in NITIE, Mumbai, one of the best institute for
management courses after IIMs. Here, the campus placements are
excellent and very attractive salary packages are available..
8. If you don’t have first class in engineering, it will be a hurdle to apply for
some of the jobs where minimum 1st class is required. You can overcome
this obstacle by doing M.Tech in a premier institute by securing a good
9. In some of the universities in abroad (Singapore etc.), financial aid is
offered for pursuing MS if a student possess a good GATE rank.
10. If you desire to excel in research and development, it is advisable to join
M.Tech/MS in IISc Bangalore or IITs and continue for Ph.D.